Laughter heals the soul and makes you feel great but it is so hard to laugh when you're stressed out or doing a trillion things. Moms are so inundated with chores, babies, work, school, social media and more. When do we make time to laugh and I mean laugh out loud?
Here are 5 reasons why moms need to laugh:
1. Live longer! Laughter relieves your body of stress and lowers levels of cortisol (the stress harmone).
2. No time for B.S. We really don't have time for B.S. Too much to do. It's better to fill up any free time with laughter over sadness.
3. Laughter is great therapy. Somedays are not great. The baby cries a lot, something breaks or you're harmonal. The best therapy is laughter. For all the reasons why it lowers stress levels or puts a smile on your face it's great therapy for the mind and body.
4. Moms need to laugh because there is too much serious out there. You turn on the TV, Facebook, YouTube or radio and it sounds like the world is in turmoil. We worry about our children. We have enough on our plates. Laughter makes the madness of society a whole lot easier.
5. Life is too short! Forget that the baby pooped on you today or family members making you feel like an alien. Life is too short to surround yourself with crap. If we're lucky motherhood will be kind to us over the years. We'll fret, cry, scream but how often will we laugh. Try to find the humor in life's crazy.
So here is what we recommend for laughing:
1. Get together with your girlfriends and compare life's crazy situations.
2. Look up your favorite comedian or late night show on YouTube.
3. Go so a funny movie.
4. Have a tickle competition with your kids.
5. Make silly faces with your baby and take video with your cell phone. Hopefully the captured memory is a funny one and will always make you smile!
Remember, it's easier to laugh at yourself than to walk around grumpy all day. Laugh.