After giving birth in a hospital there are some free go to items you must have to recover and have to care for your baby. Here's our list of 10 things most hospitals give you for free after giving birth:
1. Overnight Bulky Sanitary Pads - Bulky pads will be your best friend after giving birth. After not having your period for months it will come back with a vengeance. The bulky pads help contain the mess.
2. Numbing Spray - If you receive stitches from ripping (from labor) the numbing spray will provide comfort from the discomfort and pain.
3. Hospital Grade Breast Pump - A must have for all nursing mamas, if you do not have a pump prior to giving birth most hospitals and insurers will provide a manual pump to use.
4. Lactation Consultant - A lactation consultant will visit your room after giving birth to assist with latching and answer any questions you may have. We recommend you take full advantage of the lactation consultant's time.
5. Diaper Bag - Most hospitals will give you a diaper bag with goodies and coupons if you do not have one.
6. Disposable Underwear - Right after birth you will receive bulky sanitary pads with disposable underwear in case you have leakage from the pad.
7. Diapers and Wipes - Most diaper bags will have diapers and wipes to take with you when you leave the hospital. They will come is small packs so be sure to have some on hand or extra at home when you arrive.
8. Receiving Blanket and Baby Hat - You will receive a simple flat receiving blanket and hat for your baby to swaddle and keep warm.
9. Perineal Irrigation Bottle - The perineal bottle will assist you with cleaning your vagina, especially if you have stitches.
10. Baby Car Seat Installation Instruction - It is extremely important to have car seat assistance if you have not had instruction yet. It's very common for parents to install baby car seats incorrectly. If the hospital has this free service take advantage.