Fall is a beautiful time of year but if you are super busy momming and supporting your family planning ways to celebrate will creep up on you. Here are a few last minute ideas to celebrate Halloween or Harvest:
1. Purchase a few pumpkins for the baby to take pictures with. If you can't make it to a pumpkin patch, pick a few out at your local store or coordinate with another mom who has pumpkins available.
2. Pick up colorful leaves from your yard or park and create a space with scattered leaves for pictures with your baby or use them to decorate your home.
3. Need a last minute costume? Create a little ghost costume using a white pillow case, cut out holes for arms/head and place round pieces of black paper/fabric on the pillow case for eyes.
4. Bake store ready pumpkin cookies, apple pie or candy apples or make them from scratch!
5. Create some artwork with your toddler by making handprints with paint on construction paper and drawing fall related shapes. Hang up your masterpieces on the fridge or wall to celebrate.
7. Watch fall or Halloween related, age appropriate movies, shows, or animations with your child and prepare some fun foods to eat while you're watching. Invite mom friends over with their children to double the fun. There are lots of ideas on Pinterest!
8. Have mom friends over with their children for hot apple cider, apple pie and arts and crafts. Have everyone bring something different to eat/drink or use as art supplies.
9. Have a spooky dance party with your child. Find a kid friendly playlist on Youtube or Spotify and dance your hearts out!
10. If time really catches up with you and your baby is too young to remember any of this, no stress. You can plan something on a day in November or plan for next year. Even if you take one Halloween or Harvest picture that will be enough to show your show when they get older. Be kind to yourself and don't stress!